Area of Focus...
The world of real estate is filled with many specialists - architects, attorneys, brokers, engineers, general contractors, planners, property managers, etc.
OSPAR provides a holistic consulting service to owners, developers, fiduciaries, and investors in all areas of the real estate industry. Ian Marcil, President, has counselled government agencies, insurance companies, medical clinics, investment trust, health authority, credit union central, land developers, mortgage lenders, etc. He has provided key reports for lawsuits, investment decisions, facilities solutions, etc.
The name OSPAR is an acronym for "Operational Strategic Planning and Research". Consulting is a process of discovery, research, analysis, synthesis, discussion, and reporting.
The consulting process is straightforward, and the process is transferable to locations, industries, and assignments. OSPAR's clients often have the knowledge to handle the assignments themselves, but do not have the time or manpower. OSPAR is the vehicle that solves the problem of a company's limited resources.
OSPAR Consulting Ltd. is managed with a strong belief in fiduciary responsibility to clients and their investments with a team-oriented, mentor management style.
Its President, Ian R. Marcil, has a proven record of accurate forecasts, pro-active market calls, and reduced risk based on an empirical, analytical, innovative approach.
With more than forty years of broad in-the-field, consulting, and management background across Canada and the United States, OSPAR has the knowledge, program, and contacts to provide effective, practical, and coherent deliverables that fulfill clients' requirements.
When called for, OSPAR has working relationships with other companies and individuals that can be brought to bear to complete even the largest assignments.
Consulting assignments include business plans, project management, strategic & operational research & planning, computer models, project development, commercial construction, residential subdivision, and resort development.
Management assignments include portfolio management, portfolio valuation, client communications, regulatory compliance, risk reduction techniques, applied research.
- Business Plan: "Big Picture" review of the self-storage and POD storage industry birth, growth, and current practices in the US and Canada. Interviews with major players across North America regarding their strategic and operational choices and their expectations of the industry. Operational review of the client company including office and field functions, methods, and results. Recommended courses of strategic action included (a) a conservative plan that minimizes cash requirements and maintains the "family business" type of operation, and (b) an aggressive plan that increases market share, expands market coverage, and deters competition but requires taking on significant additional debt or equity financing. Additional comments on operational procedures to improve logistics and safety issues.
- Strategic research and planning: Creation of computer programs for a major financial institution to establish policy, set goals, and measure performance. Not only effective management tools, these are also successful marketing tools, directly responsible for landing major accounts.
- Project management: Commercial, residential, and resort development. From site studies, acquisition, and planning to approvals, construction, and move-in ...on time and under budget. Managing the entire development process and co-ordinating a strong, co-operative, goal-oriented team of general contractor, trades, attorneys, architects, engineers, and local authorities.
- Market research and development: Geographic Information Systems (GIS) analysis of demographic and economic inputs for the development of community and regional shopping centres, and for mortgage and real estate portfolio management in Canada and the United States.
- Operational planning: Analysis of existing valuation functions of a major financial institution and complete revision of department practices. The new policies and practices made valuations more current, accurate, and independent, creating the best-valued pooled fund in Canada.
© OSPAR Consulting Ltd., 2001-2018
© OSPAR Consulting Ltd., 2001-2018